Position: Primavera (P6) Program Scheduler (Mid-Level)
This position will provide experienced program scheduling support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 5+ years of relevant experience in a planning, PMO and process improvement role with Primavera P6.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from this position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Proficient in Primavera 6 (P6) EPPM to create resources loaded schedules based on input from project managers and design layouts, filters and reports within the tool.
- Implement consistent planning, scheduling, and resource management processes to meet varying project sizes, scope, and needs
- Experience in preparing, maintaining and progressing a schedule using the CPM methodology on Primavera P6 client software
- Identify, monitor, and status project control milestones
- Develop what-if scenarios and Identify schedule risks and the potential impact to the project's/portfolio’s objectives
- Thorough understanding of project scheduling fundamentals like critical path analysis and resource analysis
- Ability to analyze data in reports and understand its impact on schedule performance
- Experience in working with the business defining schedule process improvements and translating needs into schedule requirements and long term Project Plans.
- Document and control changes and revisions to the schedule
- Prepare presentation charts and reports and participate in project reviews
- Routinely monitor the integrity of the schedule utilizing schedule health check software and compliance with the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Primavera EPPM 16.1 or greater is preferred
- Data Conversion of MSP and Excel to Primavera P6 projects
- Compliance with all relevant GAO-16-89G, Schedule Assessment Guide: Best Practices for Project Schedules
- Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company
Bachelor’s degree required.
Master’s degree is a plus and may count as additional years of experience
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Primavera EPPM 16.1 or greater is required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project planning efforts.
- Strong analytical, computer and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in project schedule analysis software, such as Steelray Project Analyzer is desired.
- Experience with, or understanding of, at least one Earned Value Management engine (such as Deltek Cobra) is desired.
- Understanding all relevant GAO-16-89G, Schedule Assessment Guide: Best Practices for Project Schedules
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company