Earned Value Management (EVM) Analyst
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
The position requires 5-10 years of experience. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is desired. DoD experience is also relevant.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/RESPONSIBILITIES The individual's responsibilities will include:
- Provide EVMS support services consistent with the FAA’s AMS Policy 4.16, Earned Value Management and the FAA’s EVM Guide
- Responsible for collaborating with program management, business management, scheduling, earned value and technical team members to monitor, analyze and collaborate with vendor points of contact for an Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and report schedule performance accordingly.
- Analyze vendor Cost Performance Reporting (CPR), then provide and implement recommendations on corrections necessary that were identified in review
- Collaborates with vendor and PMO support team members to perform weekly/monthly detailed analysis for major Program Events, as well as key intermediate milestones, in order to provide program status updates. Including a brief to PMO management monthly status with comparison to previous submittal(s)
- Reconcile monthly invoices, import actuals into EVMS tool (Cobra and wInsight), develop Contract Performance Reports, identify and effectively communicate variance analysis reports to Executive Management, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Analyze corrective actions and provides assistance to develop work around planning to maintain a viable program baseline schedule.
- Apply earned value management and qualitative and quantitative risk management, conduct analyses, reconcile variances and report cost and schedule performance.
- Identify trends and forecast estimates at completion, maintain baseline change control, and provide clients with actionable information and recommendations.
- Complete necessary EVM Data Call briefings as required by FAA customer and support IBR and Surveillance activities
- Work with finance and budget team member(s) on review of project funding/budget information, as well as, vendor invoice for actual spending information for claimed activities
- Work with program office scheduler on necessary updates based on analysis and exchange information on those updates with the vendor as they occur; maintain baseline change logs.
- Extract cost reports from financial management systems, review cost reports for anomalies and errors, and obtain performance reports from outside organizations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information systems, business, accounting, finance, mathematics, engineering or similar. Graduate degree is a plus.
SKILLS REQUIRED Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Perform analysis, reporting, and change management activities with Earned Value Management System Criteria of the ANSI/EIA 748 Standard
- MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Performance reporting software such as MPM, wInsight, Cobra, Dekker Trakker, etc.
- Scheduling software such as Primavera, MS Project
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and short turn-around times.
- Able to coordinate work with various locations and team members to meet ongoing multiple deadlines
SECURITY REQUIREMENT Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years. Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.