Position: Senior Primavera (P6) Program Scheduler
This position will provide experienced program scheduling support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 10+ years of relevant experience in a planning, PMO and process improvement role with Primavera P6.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, status, maintain, and control integrated master schedules (IMSs) using Primavera client and Milestones Professional.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and establish schedule hierarchy ensuring vertical and horizontal schedule integration and traceability.
- Identify, document and incorporate internal project and external programmatic interdependencies among activities into the IMS.
- Document and control changes and revisions to the IMS.
- Obtain project status information and input data into the IMS on no less than a monthly basis.
- Identify, monitor, and status project control milestones in Milestones Professional.
- Routinely monitor the integrity of the IMS utilizing schedule health check software and compliance with the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Develop IMS and estimate, analyze, and validate activity sequencing, duration and resource requirements.
- Coordinate probabilistic schedule risk analyses, interpret results, develop an out brief report to the project management team to include recommendations if needed.
- Develop what-if scenarios and work around and recovery plans as required.
- Prepare presentation charts and reports and participate in project reviews.
- Interface with project resource analysts to ensure correlation of schedules with the budget and program operating plan.
- Conduct critical path analyses of project schedules and identify the primary, secondary and tertiary critical paths to the project management team.
- Identify schedule risks and the potential impact to the project's objectives.
- Review and provide schedule input to contractor SOWs and CDRLs.
- Monitor contractor schedules, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the Schedule Management Plan, SOW, and CDRLs.
- Support the review and analysis of contractor monthly earned value reporting.
- Data Conversion of MSP and Excel to Primavera P6 projects.
- Experience using Primavera EPPM 16.1 or greater is required.
- Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company
Bachelor’s degree required.
Master’s degree is a plus and may count as additional years of experience
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Primavera EPPM 16.1 or greater is required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project planning efforts.
- Strong analytical, computer and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in project schedule analysis software, such as Steelray Project Analyzer is desired.
- Experience with, or understanding of, at least one Earned Value Management engine (such as Deltek Cobra) is desired.
- Understanding all relevant GAO-16-89G, Schedule Assessment Guide: Best Practices for Project Schedules
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company