Position: Senior Cost Analyst
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 8+ equivalent years of experience in cost estimation, software estimation, operations research, or technical analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is desired. An MA/MS or PhD may count for additional years of experience.
- Individual will perform cost analyst duties, responsible for overall development, evaluation, and quality assurance of cost estimates, including ad-hoc special studies, in support of investment decisions for information technology systems. Specific knowledge of IT systems, SW estimation, and HW/SW integration is desired.
- Individual will perform cost analysis for program baselines, budget and life cycle cost estimates, feasibility studies and sensitivity analyses, acquisition/contract evaluation and contract solicitation support, and cost performance monitoring and analysis.
- Individual will also perform a wide variety of cost, benefit, economic, and other analyses for the Federal Aviation Administration in support of program acquisition and operational systems evaluation. Individuals will provide analytical solutions, including development of program life cycle cost estimates (LCCEs), evaluation/review of LCCEs, economic analysis such as NPV, ROI, and IRR, and other business case documentation for a wide range of investment analysis tasks.
- Work will include data collection, data normalization, life cycle cost analysis, cost model development, cost risk analysis, earned value analysis, cost-benefit analysis, and other technical analyses as needed.
- Individuals will also support process and policy improvement for cost analysis and estimating guidelines. Individuals will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and cooperative working relationships.
BA required, preferably in engineering, math, operations research, economics, finance, or similar.
MA a plus.
- Proficiency in use of cost estimating and risk tools such as ACEIT, SEER-SEM, @RISK and Crystal Ball.
- Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCE/A) designation from the Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis (SCEA)
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Available for occasional travel
Please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org