Position: Operations Research Analyst
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 5-10 equivalent years of experience in operations research, modeling and simulation, or technical analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or the Aviation Industry is desired. An MA or PhD may count for additional years of experience.
- Individual be responsible for model and simulation development to provide quantitative analyses, cost-benefit and economic analyses to support the Federal Aviation Administration Program Acquisition and Operational Systems Evaluation.
- Individual will be proficient in data collection, data normalization techniques, statistical analysis, performance metrics development and tracking and other mathematical/operations research techniques and methods.
- Individuals will also support process and policy improvement for operations research and modeling guidelines, including research and assessment of operations research tools.
- Individuals will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and cooperative working relationships.Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, or similar.Master’s degree is a plusSkills Desired
- Education Requirements
- High level of proficiency with MATLAB, SAS, Python, Java/C++/VBA and MS Office Products
- Experience with SQL and Database Management
- Knowledge of cost estimating and risk tools such as ACEIT, SEER-SEM, @RISK and/or Crystal Ball a plus
- Experience working with large datasetsSecurity RequirementsMust meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearanceTravel Please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
- To Apply
- Available for occasional travel
- Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years