Senior Network Engineer/Architect
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
The position requires 10+ equivalent years of experience in systems engineering and analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Defense, or other federal agencies is desired. A Master’s degree or PhD is desired and may count for additional years of experience.
Individual will perform a wide variety of network engineering activities to include, Requirements development & analysis, investment, and other analyses for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other potential clients in support of mission-critical systems acquisition activities. Individuals must be able to perform network engineering analyses on systems and software engineering documentation and artifacts (e.g. Systems Specifications Document, Software System Specifications, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support strategic mission, program mission and investment analysis activities.
- Develop operational concepts and their translation into NextGen capabilities, operational improvements, and performance requirements.
- Record and track system requirements and update requirements and other systems engineering documents
- Develop, analyze, and decompose system requirements
- Assist in requirements definition and decomposition
- Develop and assess system and program alternatives
- Support operational and development analysis, technology evolution plans and transition strategies and be able to identify and assess systems alternative solutions, gaps, shortfalls and risks.
- Participate in design reviews, program reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and foster cooperative working relationships.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, math, or related scientific field. A Master’s degree or PhD is strongly desired.
Expertise in all aspects of the Network Engineering relevant to FAA systems (VOIP, VLAN, OPIP, and other protocols)
Extensive and detailed knowledge of FAA NAS systems, investment analysis, solution development & implementation, and engineering practices
High level of proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other MS Office Products.
Strong analytical background and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable making presentations, including to C-Level clients.
Extensive experience managing client relationships.
Federal Government systems engineering, specifically related to large systems acquisition within the FAA.
Must be available for occasional travel. (less than 5%)
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
blic Trust security clearance.