Senior Software Integration Lead
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
The position requires 10+ equivalent years of experience in software engineering, systems engineering and analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Defense, or other federal agency is desired. An MA or PhD may count for additional years of experience.
Individual will participate, provide guidance, and in some instances, lead an effort to establish Software Integration activities, policies, processes, and procedures within the a sustainment environment at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Individuals must also be able to perform requirements analyses on software and systems engineering documentation and artifacts (e.g. Systems Specifications Document, Software System Specifications, etc.), understand how these artifacts interact with each other, and offer recommendations on incorporating processes to efficiently and effectively merge baselines and additional software solutions into a single baseline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, Develop, Manage, and Oversee processes and procedures for the integration of Software into an existing baseline.
- Understand technical integration technologies so decisions can be made on project plan requirements
- Responsible for project plan documentation including development and updating,
- , as well as the storage and recordkeeping for future reference.
- Interface and coordinate with prime contractor and support contractors, coordinate both teams to complete the same objective of integrating software in a timely manner to meet agency goals.
- Develop, analyze, and decompose system requirements
- Assist in requirements definition and decomposition
- Develop and assess system and program alternatives
- Participate in project teams with process owners, developers and architects on design and implementation.
- Participate in design reviews, program reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Work with program staff to ensure that requirements development is aligned with system development activities.
- Contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and foster cooperative working relationships.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, engineering, math, finance, economics, or similar.
Federal Government software engineering and integration, specifically related to large systems acquisition
Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model integration (CMMI)
Familiarity with other software sizing methodologies such as Labor hours, Staff months, Software Lines of Code (SLOC)
Software and/or Systems Engineering certifications.
Must be available for travel. Customer is located at Egg Harbor, NJ
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.